Strong, Deeply Rooted
Valour, perseverance, diversity: the maple leaf is a powerful symbol of Canadian identity and values. This national symbol is well-chosen: the sugar maple is a very important member of the northeastern Canadian boreal forest. While the species is most renowned for the clarity of its sap, which produces some of the world’s purest and finest maple syrup, it is also a highly resilient tree that can germinate, grow, and thrive in areas with poor sunlight and problematic soil. It produces extremely hard, sought-after hardwood, which is used for items ranging from musical instruments and furnishings to professional basketball court floors and pool cues.
This hardy species has represented Canadians’ stalwart spirit and strong connection to the country’s natural landscape. When the symbol first came into official use in the nineteenth century, Canadians chose a twig of three golden maple leaves to represent Ontario and a twig of three green maple leaves to represent Quebec. As the years unfolded, so did the intricacies and applications of this national symbol, most prominently on the national flag and on Canadian currency.
- A tribute to Canada’s iconic symbol that celebrates not only the robust Canadian spirit but also the exceptional craftsmanship offered by the Royal Canadian Mint.
- First platinum coin in the series featuring Canada’s emblem.
- One ounce of 99.95% Platinum – HST/GST Exempt!
- Previous Royal Canadian Mint Platinum coins have sold out quickly.
- A great way to own and cherish a treasured symbol of Canada. A very limited mintage of each coin is available to coin collectors worldwide.
Item Number: 117507
Face Value: 300 dollars
Composition: 99.95% platinum
Weight (g): 31.16
Diameter (mm): 30
Artist: Luc Normandin
Coin is encapsulated and presented in a branded Royal Canadian Mint maroon clamshell case lined with black flock and protected by a black sleeve.