The cougar is one of Canada’s most powerful, elusive, and beautiful predators. This silent hunter is the perfect subject for the Royal Canadian Mint’s stunning new 5-coin set. Like the sleek female cougar whose life-cycle this set captures, the collection is rare and dazzling—and before you know it, it will have disappeared.
Item Number: 130610
Composition: 99.95% pure platinum
Weight (g)*: 3.13
Diameter (mm): 16
Face Value: $5
Artist: Glen Loates
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with standard black beauty box
- This beautiful 99.95% pure platinum coin features expert engraving and the use of multiple finishes to bring out the stunning intricate detail of this portrait of a female cougar.
- Collect the entire 5-coin set to complete the story of a year in the life of a female cougar as she leaps, negotiates a mountain pass, fixes her gaze on her quarry, and stalks on a tree limb.
- A beautiful addition to any collection featuring fine artwork, natural images, native species of Canada, symbols of power and might, or Canadiana.
- A thoughtful and valuable gift for nature lovers and art aficionados
- The coin’s intricate close-up image has been designed with exceptional detail to bring its subject to life.
The reverse design by Canadian artist Glen Loates features a portrait of a female cougar. The animal’s powerful, intimidating golden eyes ringed in dark tones, blunt muzzle spiked with long whiskers, short round ears, and dense fur are presented in full detail, bringing the intensity of the moment fully to life.