The bald eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus) is the lord of its realm as it swiftly glides high in the skies above the forest. This superb fine silver coin pays tribute to Canada’s largest bird of prey, whose hunting and scavenging ways leave little doubt of its regal authority in the wild.
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g)*: 31.39
Diameter (mm): 38
Face Value: $20
Artist: Glen Loates
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with custom beauty box
- Third coin issued in 2016 as part of the continuing Majestic Animal series, which celebrates Canada’s most distinctive and iconic animal species.
- A powerful portrait of two bald eagles—one engraved, the other coloured—against an awe-inspiring scenic backdrop.
- Crafted in 99.99% pure silver with a limited mintage.
- Features selective colour and multiple finishes that enhance the detailed engraving, while adding depth and dimension to the intricate design.
- This beloved series of coins is highly sought-after—those issued in 2015 sold out quickly, order this one today!
- A grand addition to any nature, wilderness or Canadiana-themed collection.
- Outstanding wildlife art that makes an unforgettable gift for outdoor enthusiasts and nature lovers.
The reverse design by Canadian artist Glen Loates features a powerful and highly intricate depiction of a majestic bald eagle landing on a bare treetop. Viewed from the right, the bird of prey’s enormous wingspan is magnificently displayed as the eagle slows its approach. Its head is curved forward, its hooked beak partially open to release a cry as it flexes its sharp talons and grips the branch that will serve as its perch. Selective colour captures the remarkable contrasts between the eagle’s dark brown body, the bright white feathers of its head and tail, and the vivid yellow of its eyes, beak and legs. Its gaze is intense, almost stern, which adds to the eagle’s commanding presence and the sense of its regal authority in this setting. To the left, an intricately engraved bald eagle is perched on a separate branch of the same tree, its head turned to observe its companion’s arrival. Towering clouds and soaring mountain peaks provide a fitting majestic backdrop to this scene, easily dwarfing the trees that line the tranquil waters of the lake below.