Strikingly beautiful with its distinctive shape, the maple leaf is known the world over as the national emblem of Canada and has been associated with the Canadian experience for over 300 years. The Royal Canadian Mint pays tribute to this timeless and beloved icon by introducing the world’s first maple leaf–shaped gold coin.
Composition: 99.99% pure gold
Weight (g)*: 31.25
Diameter (mm): 39.6 X 38
Face Value: $200
Packaging: Custom wooden case
- Introducing the world’s first maple leaf–shaped gold coin.
- Given the complex edging and meticulously engraved details, the coin’s unique leaf shape is a proud testament to the Canadian spirit of innovation and the Royal Canadian Mint’s reputation for outstanding craftsmanship.
- The coin is the product of an exacting manufacturing process, which includes the use of specialized equipment to shape the dies and the laborious task of controlling the gold to ensure uniformity.
- Comes encapsulated in a custom wooden case fit for preserving Canada’s national icon.
- An exquisite addition to any collection, or a profound expression of national pride!
The coin’s unusual design recreates the familiar shape of a maple leaf—specifically that of a sugar maple (Acer saccharum). Its unique outline showcases some of this maple leaf’s defining characteristics, such as the wavy nature of the leaf’s edge and the curved sinuses between its palmate lobes. Intricate detailing on the reverse gives it a life-like quality, with engraved veins running through the three upper lobes and the two smaller basal lobes. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth by Susanna Blunt.