A small songbird with a bright-eyed expression, the tufted titmouse (Baeolophus bicolor) is a vocal visitor to birdfeeders in Southern Ontario. It is often seen flitting about in the company of other foraging birds, such as chickadees, nuthatches and woodpeckers; but the titmouse is more acrobatic as it moves from branch to branch, its silvery colours occasionally upstaged by its colourful surroundings—as depicted on the third coin in the Birds Among Nature’s Colours series.
Item Number: 156234
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g): 15.87
Face Value: $10
Artist: Derek C. Wicks
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with black beauty box
- Third coin in an exciting five-coin series that showcases a beautifully engraved bird in its colourful Canadian habitat.
- When you purchase the encapsulated coin as part of the subscription, you will receive a custom paperboard box that is as colourful as the coin’s reverse. Lift the lid to uncover a delightful surprise: it doubles as a music box—complete with a musical element that recreates the bird’s enchanting song!
- A unique approach that stands out from previous bird-themed series: Selective colour highlights nature’s colourful appearance, while enhancing the finer details that bring the engraved bird to life!
- Certified 99.99% pure silver, with a limited mintage.
- An exquisite addition to any nature-, bird-, flora- or Canadiana-themed collection.
- A beautifully artistic and meaningful gift for bird-watchers, nature lovers and art appreciators alike.
The reverse design by Canadian artist Derek C. Wicks features a pair of tufted titmice that are delicately perched on the branch stubs of a flourishing birch tree. Facing the opposite direction, one titmouse presents its side profile while the other has its head turned for a three-quarter view of its meticulously engraved features—from the pointed crest atop each bird’s head to their expressive facial features. Selective colour highlights the bright summer tints of a yellow birch (Betula alleghaniensis), whose bronze bark complements the yellow-green leaves.