|This product is available for pre-order only|
The DC Comics Originals series has a classic, slightly retro style, which recalls the look most comic book fans grew up with and remember fondly. Basing itself on the DC Comics style of the 1980s, this series celebrates one of the most established looks for the DC Comics pantheon of Super Heroes —including the Man of Tomorrow, Superman.
- A MINT FIRST: A COIN SHAPED LIKE SUPERMAN’S SHIELD! This diamond-shaped coin is the ultimate addition to your Superman coin collection!
- Crafted from 99.99% fine silver with a limited mintage of 1,500.
- The use of transparent enamel allows the engraved collage of action shots to show through the S-Shield’s iconic red sheen.
- Home-grown talent! Canadian creators Jason Fabok, Darwyn Cook, David Finch and Tom Grummett have all helped to shape Superman’s history as artists/writers.
- Made by fans for the fans! A nod to these classic characters, with all the respect and devotion that only the Royal Canadian Mint can provide.
- New fans welcome! By combining vivid and meaningful packaging with an inspired coin design, this series is an excellent introduction for comic book fans to the world of coin collecting.
Item Number: 160729
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g): 315.2
Diameter (mm): 110 mm x 87.5 mm
Face Value: $100
Edge: Interrupted serrations
Artist: DC Comics
Packaging: Black clamshell with graphic beauty box
The reverse design of this “diamond”-shaped coin features an engraved rendition of Superman’s shield. Within the “S” of the shield, scenes from several Superman comic books are positioned as a unique collage that highlights Superman’s long and illustrious history; this visual journey through Superman’s different looks and eras is carefully covered by transparent enamel, which allows the engraving to peer through the red sheen of the “S”. A laser halftone pattern behind the shield adds a graphic element that fills the background and infuses design with a classic comic book feel. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt and the words “CANADA”, “2017” and “100 DOLLARS”.