The elk or wapiti (Cervus canadensis) is highly sociable and communicative at all times, but the regal bull’s loudest vocalizations are reserved for the rut in the fall, when he bugles loudly to make his presence known. It’s a distinctive call of the wild that serves as a show of strength and vitality, and adds to the majesty of this Canadian species, captured here in stunning 99.99% pure silver.
Item Number: 157633
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g): 500
Diameter (mm): 85
Face Value: $125
Artist: Pierre Leduc
Packaging: Wooden box with black beauty box
- FOURTH coin in the highly popular Call of the Wild series.
- The coin’s large diameter is a fitting canvas for the second-largest member of the deer family. It also allows for outstanding detail work that adds a stunning sense of texture and dimension to this wildlife portrait!
- Skilfully crafted in a half-kilogram of 99.99% fine silver, and hand polished to proof perfection!
- Don’t miss this limited opportunity to add this collectible piece of art to your collection—mintage is limited to just 650 coins worldwide!
- Beautifully packaged in a wooden case that provides for an elegant presentation.
The reverse design by Canadian artist Pierre Leduc features a side profile of a majestic elk (Cervus canadensis). Detailed engraving adds a sense of texture to this majestic species' fur and towering rack of antlers, which overlap the field. Lifting its heavy head towards the sky, the bull releases its high-pitched cry into the autumn breeze, allowing it to resonate across the forest and river valley depicted in the background.