Tumbled glass and coloured shapes create amazing patterns inside a kaleidoscope, and this breakthrough new series explores the incredible designs that can be achieved when great Canadian icons become the focus of the kaleidoscope’s reflective magic.
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g)*: 31.85
Diameter (mm): 60
Face Value: $20
Artist: Calder Moore
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with black beauty box
- A MINT FIRST! Our thinnest silver coin ever—1 oz measuring 60 mm across!
- Third and final issue in this must-have series that celebrates Canadian icons (polar bear, common loon and maple leaf) with unique kaleidoscope designs.
- Expertly crafted in 99.99% pure silver with a full-sized kaleidoscope design of maple leaves beautifully enhanced with translucent colour.
- Design covers the entire coin from edge to edge—a technological feat in minting!
- Kaleidoscope theme continues on the obverse as a unique background pattern alongside The Queen’s effigy.
- Only 7,500 coins available worldwide—a limited work of art and a unique Canadian keepsake that will be eagerly sought after by collectors; art and nature enthusiasts; and anyone who has ever enjoyed the beautiful artistry of a kaleidoscope.
- An original and memorable souvenir of Canada!
Canadian artist Calder Moore has created a full-sized kaleidoscope design for the coin’s extra-large surface. Countless maple leaves in myriad sizes come together in a complex pattern of amazing beauty. Fiery leaves lead the eye towards the centre while countless more fill the still-green canopy above. It’s a beautiful portrayal of the maple’s annual spectacle as its leaves turn from green to shades of red, orange, yellow and gold. Rendered with translucent colour, it has the added effect of light streaming through the design.