Join the adventure in the sky with this brightly coloured coin that takes you high above the ground to celebrate the many festivals that fill Canada’s skies with breathtaking colour and shapes each year.
Big, billowing clouds of vibrant orange, green, purple and blue fill the sky, while a red-and-white balloon flies in tribute to Canada’s rich ballooning tradition. From Newfoundland and Labrador to British
Columbia and the Far North, passengers can experience the ride of their lives as they enjoy Canada’s breathtaking landscapes in this exhilarating way.
Item Number: 161098
Composition 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g): 31.82
Diameter (mm): 45 long x 33 wide
Face Value: $20
Edge: Interrupted Serrations
Artist: Calder Moore
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with black beauty box
- A vibrant and energizing collectible for balloon enthusiasts—on and off the ground!
- Canada’s balloon festivals will be extra special in 2017 to celebrate Canada’s 150th anniversary. This coin is an original, must-have keepsake to mark this historic occasion!
- Rich, vibrant colour, exceptional detail and tilt-shift perspective draw the viewer in. They’ll feel as if they are right there, looking out at the world from their basket high above the ground!
- Crafted in 99.99% pure silver with rich colour and unique elliptical shape!
- Limited to 5,000 coins worldwide, and highly collectible!
Canadian artist Calder Moore has created a captivating and immersive design filled with rich, vibrant
colour. The compelling tilt-shift perspective uses strategic sizing and placement of the balloons—a
larger balloon extending beyond the field of the coin, and progressively smaller balloons disappearing in
the distance—to create an exceptional depth of field that draws the viewer in, as if they are in a basket,
gazing out at dozens of other balloonists out for a ride down a mountain valley. Majestic mountains in
the distance enhance the sense of depth, while a red-and-white maple leaf balloon salutes Canada’s
rich ballooning tradition.