The whispering movement of maple leaves is Canada’s summer song: a peaceful yet invigorating sound that softly rolls through the air in gentle waves. This 3 oz. fine silver coin captures the beauty of maple foliage swaying in a warm breeze, with the addition of reverse gold plating to mimic the golden glow of a summer day.
- A MINT FIRST! It’s our first 3-ounce reverse gold plated coin! Your coin’s large diameter (55 mm) provides a large canvas for the contemporary design on the reverse, where even the smallest engraved details shine!
- A NEW TAKE ON A CANADIAN EMBLEM by B.C. artist Calder Moore, who also designed the 2016 Geometry In Art series.
- OPULENT REVERSE GOLD PLATING: Gold plating throughout the reverse AND the obverse give this 99.99% pure silver coin the appearance of a gold one.
- A STRIKING CONTRAST: The coin’s silver surface is only visible in the central leaf on the reverse, and the effigy on the obverse! The effect is a stunning contrast—one that greatly emphasizes the geometric-based shapes that give each leaf a multi-faceted appearance.
- LIMITED QUANTITY, UNLIMITED APPEAL: Coupled with its superb design, the coin’s low mintage of just 3,500 will likely make this a highly sought-after collectible.
- A POETIC ODE TO CANADA’S NATURAL BEAUTY on the 150th anniversary of Confederation! It’s an eye-catching gift for any nature or art lover, or an exquisite addition to any collection—particularly those with strong nature or Canadiana themes.
Item Number: 160872
Composition: 99.99% fine silver
Weight (g): 94.4
Diameter (mm): 55
Face Value: $50
Artist: Calder Moore
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with black beauty box
The reverse design by Canadian artist Calder Moore presents a contemporary, stylized take on the traditional depiction of Canada’s most beloved national emblem. Intricate engraving re-creates a grouping of maple leaves, with each leaf comprised of geometric-based shapes that give it a more multi-faceted appearance, to convey a swaying motion in the warm breeze. Beautiful reverse gold plating fills the reverse in a way that mimics the golden glow cast by the summer sun. Only the effigy on the obverse, and the central leaf on the reverse, offer a glimpse of the coin’s silver surface—its polished surface adds an exquisite shine, like that of direct sunlight illuminating each engraved detail within the leaf’s serrated tips. The reverse gold-plated obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.