Celebrate the history and artistry of Canadian circulation coinage with this 5-ounce pure silver selectively rose gold-plated 25-cent piece—part of the Royal Canadian Mint’s new series featuring Canada’s seven current and historical circulation coins.
Item Number: 163720
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g): 157.6
Diameter (mm): 65.25
Face Value: 25-cent
Artist: Emanuel Hahn
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with graphic beauty box
- This special 25-cent piece features Canadian artist Emanuel Hahn’s iconic caribou design, first issued in 1937. The design has been used continuously on Canadian “quarters,” with a number of notable exceptions.
- Special selective rose gold plating technique allows the coin’s engraved elements to shine, adding visual interest to the iconic design.
- Exceptionally low mintage of only 1,500 coins means that this piece is sure to be sought after by collectors around the world. Previous issues of this popular series regularly sell out.
- Subscribe to the series to get a complimentary custom wood collector case that holds all seven coins. 7th and final coin in the series, the Penny, will be available through subscription only and will ship with the wood case!
- Drawing its inspiration from Canadian minting, each coin in the series makes an exquisite gift, an inspiring introduction to collecting, or an important addition for any collector interested in Canadian subjects, Canadian and international circulation coinage, or minting history.
This Canadian 25-cent piece is 99.99% pure silver, with a diameter of 65 millimetres and a weight of 157.6 grams (5 ounces). The reverse features Canadian artist Emanuel Hahn’s iconic left-side profile of a caribou with majestic antlers. The caribou is selectively rose gold-plated. The reverse is engraved with the word “CANADA”, the date “2018” and the face value of “25 CENTS”. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt. Her Majesty’s portrait is rose gold-plated.