|This product is available for pre-order only|
Introduced in 1988, the Royal Canadian Mint’s Silver Maple Leaf (SML) coin remains one of the most recognized and sought-after investment pieces in the world. This selectively rose gold-plated quartet is a tribute to the SML’s solitary maple leaf as a true mark of excellence, one that wordlessly signifies quality craftsmanship and incomparable value for both collectors and investors.
- COME TOGETHER TO CELEBRATE: This quartet set is a special tribute to 30 years (and counting) of an icon: our Silver Maple Leaf bullion coin.
- THE SUM OF ALL PARTS: Each of the square-shaped, 99.99% pure silver coins feature a “fraction” of the reverse design that is visible whenever the four coins are tiled to form a larger square.
- SILVER AND ROSE GOLD: The reverse proof finish places the focus ‘squarely’ on the brilliant leaf, which is elegantly enhanced by the selective use of rose gold plating—as is the effigy on the obverse.
- READY FOR DISPLAY: You get the full effect from the moment you first open the clamshell case! The individually encapsulated coins are packaged together as one, in a recessed insert that keeps all four in place for an easy presentation.
- THE PIECES ARE ALL IN PLACE: The set’s limited mintage (6,500), its theme, and its beautifully artistic design will make this quartet a sought-after collectible—order today!
Item Number: 161561
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g): 11.85 (each)
Diameter (mm): 27 mm x 27mm square (each)
Face Value: $3 (each)
Finish: Reverse proof
Artist: Pierre Leduc
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with black beauty box
This quartet pays tribute to 30 years of history through its creative take on the idea of a fractional set. Each of the four fine silver coins is square-shaped, and features a “fraction” of a reverse design by Canadian artist Pierre Leduc. When placed together to form a larger square, the four reverse images come together as one: a sugar maple leaf (Acer saccharum), whose likeness has graced the reverse of the Royal Canadian Mint’s Silver Maple Leaf (SML) bullion coin since 1988. A reverse proof finish and selective rose gold plating colourfully enhance the elegance and brilliance of the engraved leaf, which is near life-like thanks to the precise rendering of fine details such as the leaf’s deeply etched veins. Also engraved on the reverse are the commemorative years “1988” and “2018”, the word “CANADA”, and a “9999 Ag” purity notation. The obverse features the rose gold-plated effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.